What are Atoms? #
Atoms are the “aha” moments, quotes, or ideas that are worth remembering, connecting, and sharing. Capturing atoms allows you to extract and connect those aha moments throughout your workspace.
Capturing an Atom #
In a page on Protolyst
- Highlight the text of interest.
- Click “Capture” or (CTRL + SPACE) in the pop up menu.
- In the Atom box, there’s space to add notes underneath the text you highlighted. Add context, thoughts, or a note to yourself or team about why the Atom is important.
- Once the Atom is captured, connections can be made to anything else in a workspace by adding tags. Link the Atom to other pages in your workspace to make it easier to find
Once captured, the atom will appear in the atom sidebar, and show up in workspace searches.
Navigating with Atoms #
In a page:
- CTRL + Click on a captured Atom in the page to open the Atom Viewer
- Click on any of the Tags to navigate to that page
- Tags preceeded with (“Source”) on hover are the origin of the Atom