Watch a video overview on adding Pages to your workspace or read through the steps below
To create a new page:
- Click (+) button at the top of the left hand side bar or Press Ctrl+Enter (or Cmd+Enter on macOS) on your keyboard.
- Enter a name for your page in place of Untitled Page.
- Choose from the available page types (Text Editor, Table, File, Web Page) by clicking one of the icons shown above. To add a Page where you can enter text select the first option from the choices
- Start writing! Copy and paste the following text into your page:
Protolyst is a collaborative knowledge platform for the atomisation of ideas.
Add Sections to your Pages #
Text Editor Pages in Protolyst can be used to add different content into a page including Text, Images, Video Embeds as well as adding Links to other Pages in your workspace. You can combine these sections however you want to build your page.
By default, a new Text Editor Page will open with a text section.
Add another section by hovering over the bottom of an existing section and clicking the (+) icon.
The main sections you can add are:
- Text sections – plain text for notes and writing
- Image sections – for embedding images
- Web embed sections – for Videos/Applets/etc
- Audio sections – for playing tracks from within Protolyst
Pages can also contain links to other pages in your Workspace. You can add New Pages or add links to existing Pages located elsewhere in your workspace. These options appear in the second half of the Add Section Menu
- Pages – this will add a clickable link to take you to the new page
- Files – upload files (PDFs) that can be accessed through the current page
- Tables – added as a section into a page, the Table will appear alongside the other content on the page
- Linked Page – add a link to an existing Page, File or Table in your Workspace
Rearranging your Page #
All sections on a Page, can be reorganised using Drag and Drop
To the right of each section, there are two icon buttons; a cross and 6 dots. The cross will delete the section, while the 6 dots will allow you to drag and drop the section into a new location on your Page.
Clicking the 6 dot menu may also give you some section-specific options.
Formatting your Text #
Text in your page can be easily formatted, highlight the text in your page and pick the styling you want in the popup menu
- Press to Bold (Ctrl+B), italic (Ctrl+I), or Underline (CTRL+U)
- Adjust the Size (CTRL+>, or CTRL+<) or Color
- Bullet, indent, and justify text
This popup menu is also how you Capture Highlights (aka Atoms) in Protolyst