To create a new page:
- Click (+) in the left side bar or Press Ctrl+Enter (or Cmd+Enter on macOS) on your keyboard.
- Enter a name for your page in place of Untitled Page.
- Choose from the available page types by clicking one of the icons shown above. We’ll start by continuing as a page: Press Enter twice to turn your empty page into a collaborative text editor.
- Start writing! Copy and paste the following text into your page:
Protolyst is a collaborative knowledge platform for the atomisation of ideas.
Formatting your Text #
Text in your page can be easily formatted, highlight the text in your page and pick the styling you want in the popup menu
- Press to Bold (Ctrl+B), italic (Ctrl+I), or Underline (CTRL+U)
- Adjust the Size (CTRL+>, or CTRL+<) or Color
- Bullet, indent, and justify text
This popup menu is also how you Capture Highlights in Protolyst
Add sections to your pages #
Pages in Protolyst are made from combining sections, giving you the freedom to add whatever you want.
Add a section by hovering over an existing section and clicking the (+) icon.
The main sections you can add are:
- Text sections – plain text for notes and writing
- Image sections – for embedding images
- Web embed sections – for Videos/Applets/etc
- Audio sections – for playing tracks from within Protolyst
Pages can also contain links to other pages; either
- or Tables